If you aren’t on Pinterest yet, than you are soooo behind that times, man. Pinterest is the fastest growing social media site online today.
I love Pinterest because it’s a great was to bookmark different sites, but without cluttering your bowser’s Bookmark Tool Bar. It’s based upon the idea of a giant cork board that you might take cut out articles from magazines & pin them to it. It categorizes all your “Pins” into self-created “Boards” that you name according to their content. I just like it because I can cruise the inter-webs & “pin” any photo I stumble upon, and keep it tucked away so I don’t forget.
Here are a few Pinterest Statistic (thanks to Ragan.com)
* Etsy is Pinterest’s top source of photos – uh… Awesome!
* According to AppData and Facebook, 97 percent of Pinterest users are women
* American Pinterest users spend an average of 1 hour and 17 minutes on the site – at least…
* Estimated unique visitors to Pinterest.com increased by 429 percent between September and December of 2011 – I’m part of that stat!
* The top items on Pinterest in the United States are crafts, gifts, hobbies/leisure, interior design, and fashion designers/collections – sweeeetttt….
So if you have a business, or are willing (or unwilling) to spend countless hours browsing the tons of beautiful & informational photos online, check Pinterest out!